07 November 2010

Inspiration in a Rut

I have been inspired by some pretty awesome people.  The Julie and Julia Project, A Dress A Day, Wish Jar, just to name a few of the truly amazing people doing truly amazing things out there.  Somewhere inside my head I know these are people just like me.  I know they were in a rut themselves and got out of it.  I know they became amazing because they reached beyond what people expected of them.  They are driven to do something extra.  Why can't I believe I can too?  I don't just want to be wife, mother of two.  I want to be traveler, creative being, singer of truth!  Somewhere inside my head I don't believe I can do it.  I have a great fear of saying I will do something and then fail.  I do have a great desire for greatness (just personal mind you, I don't want fame at all). I want to be able to do something now for my life and my family life.  We want to travel and it seems like it is so far away.  I think we can do it faster.  I think we can do it a lot better than we are doing it now.  I don't want to be doing this alone.  I want a partner.  But I have that and yet I feel that I need to do something to make myself stronger.  I have survived a great deal  just because I had to.  I want to do something now that proves to me that I can do great and amazing things.  I need to remind myself that I am a person of worth.  I am  a beautiful goddess of the world.  I am. . .  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I don't have a particular thing that I am interested in doing for every day for a year yet.  Any ideas?

No comments: